China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    Last night I started my last Produce I Wish I Had manicure, but when I looked at it this morning, it looked like a little kid had applied my polish.  I have no idea what the heck happened, but I didn't want to subject you to pictures of it.  I went about my day, and as I wrapped up a few things, I figured I'd redo my nails, and as luck would have it my China Glaze Crackle Glaze polishes had arrived.  I figured Broken Hearted would be topical to start with since Valentine's Day is Monday (I'm not broken hearted myself, but it's a nice dramatic name).

    I used base coat, one coat of Illamasqua Jo'mina as a base color and topped it with a thin coat of Poshe to dry it.  After it was dry, I added one coat of Broken Hearted.  It's not as pigmented or as gloppy as Black Shatter, and it took a bit longer for the full crackle effect to show up.  Once Broken Hearted was all crackly, I used a coat of Color Stay top coat and one more of Poshe.  I like it.

    China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze
    China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze over Illamasqua Jo'mina
    I really, really like this effect in a softer color than black. I think I'm going to have some fun with these.  Next week I'll see how close China Glaze Black Mesh and OPI Black Shatter are, too - I got the China Glaze black for the purpose.

    That's about all there is to tell you today, Dear Reader.  Until next time, love and nail polish to you!  

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews