Best Nail Polishes of 2011, Part II

    Good morning, Dear Reader!

    Today brings the second installment of the Best Nail Polishes of 2011 (that's a link to see all the posts for this on one page, although as of now there's only the one other).  They're just my picks and in no particular order, and all the details of how and why about the list are in the beginning of Part I.  I'll spare you the lengthy recap and get right back to the list and pictures!  Here are numbers six through ten.

    6. The second appearance of FingerPaints Palette of Petals Spring 2011 Collection is with Dahlia My Number, the light orange shimmer (and only shimmer) in that release.  It had to make the list because literally every time I see the bottle, I wonder what that gorgeous light orange shimmer is and look at it, then laugh at myself for my zillionth check of what that color is.  It's a softened light orange with a strong shimmer that's just this side of frosty, and it was non-brushstroke-y perfection in two coats.

    FingerPaints Dahlia My Number
    FingerPaints Dahlia My Number Nail Polish, Two Coats

    7. Orly Stone Cold from their Mineral FX is a vivid, sparkling, non-staining blue that was incredibly easy to apply, and again good in two coats (that seems to be an emerging theme!).

    Orly Stone Cold Nail Polish from Mineral FX, Two Coats

    8.  I really loved Zoya Kennedy from the Feel Collection for its clean simplicity.  That whole collection was a good one for me, but Kennedy is a great updated neutral for my coloring and it applied really beautifully.  This one was kind of a surprise for a top choice of the year for me in that I tend to wear more flamboyant colors much of the time, but office-appropriate or not, I found Kennedy to be a noteworthy polish to wear.  It felt elegant.

    Zoya Kennedy
    Zoya Kennedy Nail Polish, Two Coats

    9. FingerPaints appears again with Asylum from the Special Effects.  A unique, cool, affordable, and versatile flaky top coat kind of has to be included on my list.  FingerPaints might be the most represented brand on my Top 20 (I haven't checked that nothing else makes more appearances), but each of the polishes I've included from them is genuinely outstanding from 2011 for me, so that seems right. For this one, I included both pictures from the original post since the detail shows how cool the flakes are.  Asylum is also unusually smooth as well as easy to remove for a flaky.

    FingerPaints Asylum
    FingerPaints Asylum Special Effects, Two Coats over Navy Shimmer

    FingerPaints Asylum Swatch
    FingerPaints Asylum Special Effects, Closer Look at Two Coats over Navy

    10. Color Club Hot Like Lava from their Foils Collection was also a memorably good one to wear. Right between pink and red, a great foil finish without streaks, and easy to apply - what more could I ask for?  I think it was fun to wear because the overall color is kind of girly and the effect of the finish is kind of unexpectedly badass, so the two rolled into one is just plain cool.

    Color Club Hot Like Lava
    Color Club Hot Like Lava Nail Polish, Two Coats

    That wraps up Part II of my Top 20 Polishes of 2011, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews