FingerPaints Special Effects Swatches

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    I've been out doing a million necessary detail tasks today, and one took me by a Sally Beauty Supply which happened to have the FingerPaints Special Effects in stock early.  I know that because I stopped in to check... Since I didn't know whether Sally's had sent samples but did know they're too good to miss, I picked up a set and figured I'd swatch them for you when I got home since it's sunny and I had them in hand.

    They're all two coats over Illamasqua Boosh (a black creme) with top coat.  The only way to clearly show all five was an awkward claw hand pose, but I figured since you're most likely reading this to see the swatches rather than admire my hand, it serves the intended purpose.  Here they are in the sun, and they're Asylum, Flashy, Flecked, Motley, and Twisted.

    FingerPaints Special Effects Swatches
    FingerPaints Special Effects Swatches, Two Coats over Black Creme in Sunlight

    In the shade, the same swatches show the slight duochrome some of them have, especially Flashy and Flecked.

    FingerPaints Special Effects Swatches, Shade
    FingerPaints Special Effects Swatches, Two Coats over Black Creme in the Shade

    I don't know that I've ever seen anything like Twisted, which I love, but Flecked and Asylum are something to write home about as well.  There are Nfu Ohs like Flashy, Flecked, and Motley, but the FingerPaints flakes seem to be smaller, and they're definitely way smoother.  With one coat of Essie Good to Go, after drying for a good half an hour these are all perfectly smooth.  Asylum and Twisted are unique amongst those I've tried, so all five of these are really outstanding.  I'm more excited about these than I have been about any complete collection in a long time.



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews