Nails Inc Houses of Parliament

    Good evening, Dear Reader!

    I ended up wrapping up the work I had scheduled for today and tomorrow really early, so I thought I'd use the last of the afternoon sunlight for a picture of the purple Nails Inc magnetic polish, Houses of Parliament.

    It's not the bright purple of the picture on Sephora's site, it's the more brownish plum shade of L'Oreal Star Magnets Purple, which was kind of a disappointment for me.  I really wanted the royal purple, but Houses of Parliament is pretty even though it's not quite what I was expecting.  I did a quick color change, applying this one as I did Whitehall - one coat on all nails, a few minutes for it to set, then applying the second coat and using the magnet on each nail one at a time.  I finished it up with a coat of Essie Good to Go, which I've decided I really like, then took pictures in the last of the day's sunlight.

    Nails Inc Houses of Parliament
    Nails Inc Houses of Parliament Magnetic Nail Polish, Two Coats

    It really worked well with the magnet, but see what I mean about the color?  Take a look at the vivid shade in the promo image of the set here, in case you haven't seen it.

    Nails Inc Magnetic Polish Set
    Nails Inc Magnetic Polish Set Promo Picture

    The other two are reasonably accurate, but I was really fired up for a royal purple magnetic polish - I think the promo picture just kind of sets the consumer up for disappointment.  At this point you'd think I'd have the good sense to be a bit more skeptical of promotional product images, but alas, when I see something I really think needs to exist, I fall for it!

    That's Nail Inc Houses of Parliament and just about all there is to tell you about today, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews