Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pool Boy

    Good morning, Dear Reader!

    After taking a tough but doable exam last night, I decided a manicure was in order to wind down and shut off my brain, so I have a new one to show you today with OCC Pool Boy.

    Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (that's a link to their site), a small brand I tried and liked a couple years ago, sent an email telling me that they had a new bottle design and sent me a few to show you, and this is the first of them.  The old bottle was a tall square, and the new one is a tall rectangle, along the lines of the AA bottle.  The shade I chose to wear first, Pool Boy, is a bright pastel blue creme.  "Bright pastel" seems like an oxymoron, but after I've spent half a minute staring off into space trying to come up with a more accurate description, I'm holding on bright pastel.  It's whited-out like a pastel, but the color is much brighter than a real pastel, and it's really pretty.  I picked it because despite wanting a change from the red and white holiday manicure I had, I did want to stick with a holiday theme, and I thought that the light bright blue would make a nice clear winter sky background for some snowflakes.

    Pool boy is very nicely pigmented, enough to provide full coverage in two coats (which is not a given in general for such a light shade), but it's still really easy to work with.  I used two coats of color and one of Good to Go, and then went about the business of rounding up a nail stamping plate with a snowflake on it since I forgot to do that before I sat down for the mani.  Since I had wet nails as I rifled through the plates, I chose the first one with a snowflake, which was C10 from a cheapy fauxnad set I got a couple of years ago.  I used Konad White Special Polish, but even with that the knock off doesn't stamp as nicely, but I knew that when I picked the plate and figured I was better off with lesser stamping than a huge gauge in the base polish if I kept testing my luck rummaging through metal disks with wet nails.

    I came home from some errands this morning and the sunlight was decent, so I took a picture of it for you.

    Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pool Boy
    Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pool Boy Nail Polish with C10 Snowflakes

    I really like this manicure.  It's nice and wintery without being as overtly holiday as the last, so it's a nice break before I pull out the big guns with Christmas manicures next week.

    That's the scoop on OCC Pool Boy, OCC's new bottles, and just about all I have for you today.  Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews