OPI Servin' Up Sparkle

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    My candy cane Salon Effects are still holding strong, but on Tuesday I decided to make them a little more festive with OPI Servin' Up Sparkle, the OPI/Serena glitter top coat that was packaged with Grape, Set, Match.It took three coats to get enough of the hex glitter on there for it to show up over the mostly white background of the candy cane pattern, which made the fine glitter a little more dense than I'd like, but it's surprisingly durable, as I've been organizing some stuff I took out of storage this week and quit bothering to wear gloves after the first day.  With the same manicure and being hard on my hands for four days, it's holding up impressively well with no chips or wear.  For the record, I topped off Servin Up Sparkle with Good to Go to dry it.  Here's my durable mani in what little light there is today.

    OPI Servin Up Sparkle
    OPI Servin Up Sparkle Glitter Top Coat over Candy Cane Salon Effects

    It gives the snowfall effect I was after.  The hex glitter looks like falling snowflakes and the fine glitter looks like the sparkly fresh snow on the ground to me.  It shows that this is four days old in how grown-out the strips are, but I guess I'm more interested in having a fabulous manicure than a perfect one most of the time, so it still makes me happy.

    I'll be wearing this one out to celebrate a Christmas birthday tonight, so I'm finally getting geared up for the holidays, so there should be at least one more holiday manicure this weekend.  Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews