China Glaze Magnetix Swatches

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    I have swatches of the China Glaze Magnetix swatches with their magnet today, and the sun held out pretty well the whole time.  I bought these for under $5 each with the magnet at the same price, so I sprung for all of them both to be able to show them to you and because I think just about any magnetic nail polish is a safe bet for me.

    I used the China Glaze magnet for these swatches, and I like it quite a bit, especially for under $5.  It has three patterns on it, and the same guide design as the Nails Inc magnet I raved about with the additional feature of a center dot to aligning the ledge.  I took pictures of it for you, and figured I'd start with that so you know what you're looking at in the swatches.

    China Glaze Magnet
    China Glaze Magnet, Front and Back Views

    China Glaze Magnet, Ledge
    China Glaze Magnet, View of Ledge for Placement

    That curved ledge just goes on the cuticle, and in the center of each of the three there's a tiny red dot of raised red plastic to aid in alignment, and it's held as close as possible to the polish.  My alignment isn't ideal since these were just quickie swatches, but I found the magnet easy to use.  One thing I found is that keeping coats very thin helps, because when they're thicker the magnet pulls up a tiny peak of polish that can touch the magnet (which is kind of fun to watch!).

    The first swatch I did is of You Move Me, a light bronze.  The directions in the magnet's little box say to use one coat of polish, magnetize for 5-10 sec, and to work one nail at a time.  I used two coats of You Move me because it wasn't close to opaque at one.  I did a coat of color and let it dry for a few minutes, then did the second coat with the magnet one nail at a time.  I used the magnet for 20 seconds just because that's about how long most take, and it worked really well.  I added top coat to this one too soon and messed up the diagonal line pattern on one corner, so I quit using top coat after this swatch since I was racing sunlight.  The deal with top coat is that you can mess up the way the magnet arranged the pigment pretty easily, and even the directions say to let the polish dry before applying it.  It worked fine where the coat of top coat was thick enough for the brush to not touch the polish, but for manis I'm patient and let the pattern dry a bit.

    China Glaze You Move Me
    China Glaze You Move Me Nail Polish, Two Coats

    Cling On is a faded green, and it also needed two coats.

    China Glaze Cling On
    China Glaze Cling On Nail Polish, Two Coats

    Pull Me Close is a very pretty grey blue, and I tried this one at one coat just because I could to find out how it worked.  I think the effect is cooler with two, so that's how I did the rest of them after this one.

    China Glaze Pull Me Close
    China Glaze Pull Me Close Nail Polish, One Coat

    Instant Chemistry is a deep plum, pigmented enough to be good in one coat, but I used two.

    China Glaze Instant Chemistry
    China Glaze Instant Chemistry Nail Polish, Two Coats

    Drawn to You is a lighter pinky purple, and also could have been a one-coater but shown here with two.

    China Glaze Drawn to You
    China Glaze Drawn to You Nail Polish, Two Coats

    The last of them is Attraction, a charcoal with a shimmer I don't believe I've seen in a magnetic polish before.  I waffled on this one since I have silver magnetics, but this is darker and the shimmer is quite pronounced.

    China Glaze Attraction
    China Glaze Attraction Nail Polish, Two Coats

    I like all of these, especially Attraction and Instant Chemistry because they're unique for magnetics.  I'm a huge fan of the magnet as well, and think it was $5 well spent since it has the same user-friendly design as the Nails Inc magnet with three different shapes on it.  At less than $5 for 14 ml, these were a great price for magnetic polishes as well.  Obviously, they work really well, so I don't have a single complaint.

    Those are my China Glaze Magnetix swatches, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Total Pageviews