OPI Metallic 4 Life

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    Today brings one of the OPI Nicki Minaj polishes, Metallic 4 Life.  To be honest with you, this collection held little appeal for me until I saw it in person in a beauty supply store.  The promo pics didn't seem like anything special to me, and quite frankly, I'd never heard of Nicki Minaj before promo materials for these polishes were published.  When I saw the display, I saw a couple of cool polishes I liked, looked at the picture on the display and confirmed that indeed, I have no idea who she is and that I probably don't care to.  That's not intended to offend, I'm sure if asked if she knew what The Nailphile is, Ms. Minaj would have much the same reaction and that would be fine.  However, Metallic 4 Life looked like a cool polish, so now I'm wearing it.

    Metallic 4 Life is a black jelly base with a whole lot of very sparkly silver glitter in various sizes.  The glitter is what brought my attention to the display, and I was hoping that it would have the same cool effect in the somewhat translucent base as Lippman's Forget You and Candy Shop, which I was a big fan of.  It kind of does, but since the glitter's smaller and silver, it's different.

    I used two coats of color over a base coat, and that was plenty for it to be even, opaque, and covered in extra sparkly silver glitter.  I finished it off with two coats of Essie Good to Go (it needed the second to smooth it out), and it's a cool manicure.  Here's Metallic 4 Life in sunlight.

    OPI Metallic 4 Life
    OPI Metallic 4 Life Nail Polish, Two Coats

    Here's a closer look at part of one nail to give you a better look at the glitter.

    OPI Metallic 4 Life Glitter
    A Closer Look at OPI Metallic 4 Life Nail Polish's Glitter

    The name seems fitting for the color with the exception of the use of a number for a word.  I'm all for efficiency, but that kind of shorthand drives me nuts.  Perhaps it's because I'm not cool and don't text much, or maybe I'm just a fan of preserving the integrity of language, but whatever the cause it makes me cringe.  Typing it here has been painful.  Getting past that and again, knowing nothing of Nicki Minaj, it seems like a polish more inspired by Lita Ford or Joan Jett than the crayon-color-wearing woman I saw on this display, but the name still fits the polish well regardless of the collection it's in.

    I drank coffee to get through class last night and got up for an early appointment, so I'm working on very little sleep as a result, which might explain my various ramblings about tangentially related thoughts that have drifted through my brain writing this post.  I'll let your suffering stop and just wrap it up here with the summary that OPI Metallic 4 Life is a cool polish.  Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Total Pageviews