Sally Hansen Salon Effects Fly with Me

    Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

    Today I used Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Fly with Me, which is a bunch of colored butterflies on a white background, and they worked out really well.  I was long overdue for a pedi, and the Salon Effects strips last an eternity on my toes (hence long overdue), but I only need two strips per foot, leaving plenty for a manicure as well.

    For the pedi, I just use the giant strips for my big toes, and one of the thinner strips for the remaining four toes on each foot.  I just cut off a little piece to completely cover each nail, and once they're all covered use the file and little wooden stick in the pack to remove any excess.  Once the strips are done, a coat of top coat to seal them finishes the job.

    For the manicure, I didn't use anything under the strips, and this pattern is one that's easy to apply.  One strip tore a bit as I too aggressively pulled it off the backing, and that was the only mishap.  I find the patterns on white to be my favorite strips in terms of application, and these were even flexible enough to avoid the always-present wrinkle I get where my left index nail has a bit of an arc.  Today, I finally got it smooth.  I figured I'd use another Color Club Copycoat to seal the mani, and I used Duplicity.  Color Club describes it as "feminine and irresistible with citron, bluebell and musk top notes," and to the novice nose it's a nice light perfume-y smell that's a tiny bit soapy.  I'm sure there's a perfumista name for the soapy smell, but to me "soapy" is clear and accurate so I'll just stick with that.  I really love the end result of Fly with Me.

    Sally Hansen Salon Effects Fly with Me
    Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in Fly with Me

    It looks like I have and eight-year-old girl's wallpaper on my nails, and that's not a bad thing to me.  I think part of the inspiration to use this pattern today is that earlier this week it was 60° and perfectly clear, and the last time I checked it was 12° and snowing, so I'm doing what I can to pretend it's still 60° and perfect outside.

    That's Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Fly with Me and all I have to tell you about today, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Total Pageviews