Zoya Skylar

    Good morning, Dear Reader!

    I wanted a change from darks and brights today, and Zoya Skylar (the light blue from the True Collection) was calling my name, so it's the one I'm wearing.  Since Zoya True goes online tomorrow, I figured you wouldn't mind another look in case you're making big decisions.

    I applied it last night, using base coat, two coats of Skylar, which again went one really beautifully, and Good to Go to dry it.  It dried quickly and well, and it looks like it's pretty durable since I took a hot bath last night and washed my hair this morning, which is a good bit of really hot water on a fresh manicure.  The surface was fine at one coat of top coat, but not perfectly glassy smooth, so I added one coat of Color Club Replica to it this morning, and that dried quickly.

    With Replica, the Color Club Copycoats are back on their winning streak.  It's described as "cool and flirtatious with pink peppercorn, pear and grapefruit top notes," and it's just a light, clean perfume fragrance.  It caused no flashbacks to cologne induced traumas of my youth, which is always a plus in any product, and made the manicure as shiny as I like and it smells good now, so Replica goes into the Winner pile.  Here's the manicure under artificial light (an Ott light).

    Zoya Skylar
    Zoya Skylar Nail Polish, Two Coats

    This particular shade of blue is one I always favor in general (my comforter's a lighter shade of it, I have towels this color, ...), but it's the extra cool shimmer that really makes Skylar for me.  Here's a closer look at part of a nail so you can see what I mean.

    Zoya Skylar Swatch
    Closer Look at the Shimmer in a Zoya Skylar Swatch

    It looks like there's light colored gold dust in it without magnification, and it's clearly visible in regular indoor lighting, so it's not just the thing of pretty pictures.  It really shows up.

    That's a second look at Zoya Skylar and all I have for you today, so until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!



    All Rights Reserved, Siobhan@The Nailphile. If you're reading this elsewhere, it's stolen from a real nail polish blog.

Total Pageviews